Photomath je EdTech tvrtka, kreator svjetski poznate istoimene mobilne edukacijske aplikacije.
We are an EdTech company whose mobile app is constantly the most popular educational app in the US and one of the top education apps globally, with over 100 million downloads.
Photomath app is based on our own optical character recognition technology and our own math engine system which recognizes, solves and shows the solving steps for printed and handwritten math problems.
We constantly improve our app and add new features to offer Photomath users new ways to approach math learning. Our newest features focus on giving visual cues through graph solutions, recognizing and solving word math problems, and helping learn basics of math through animated step by step explanations.
We are looking for a person who likes to explore and try out new things in Android mobile app development, and who values excellent UX above everything.
Together with your fellow Android Engineers you will prototype, try out new things and develop the Android Photomath app to make sure it has the best possible stability, quality and overall user experience.
Apply and become our
Senior Android Engineer
What you’ll do at Photomath? You will:
- develop and improve the Android Photomath app (majority of the code still in Java, gradually using Kotlin for new features)
- develop new app features in collaboration with our designers
- work on integrating our in-house developed technology like the math engine into the app
- build prototypes and participate in designing new app features
- participate in designing various A/B user tests and implement them in our Android app
- participate in the decision making process regarding user experience and overall project organization
- collaborate with other App team engineers to build high quality Photomath app
- track tech trends and together with the rest of the team decide what’s best to implement in our app
You are the right person for us if you:
- have very good knowledge of Java programming language (knowledge of Kotlin and C++ is a plus) with experience in writing Android code (UI, networking, threading, program architecture…)
- have at least 2 years of experience in developing Android apps
- like to write code in a sustainable, modular and effective way
- are a detailed-oriented person by nature and you believe a quality app has to have a good user experience also
- like to experiment, prototype and in general think of the best way to implement something despite technical challenges
- are curious about new trends and how things work “under the hood”
- have excellent English language skills
We are offering:
- an opportunity to revolutionize approach to math studies for all ages through creating high quality app and new app features for learning math
- learning opportunities through relevant tech conferences, mentorship, knowledge sharing, internal and external educations
- collaboration in a small but young, ambitious and flexible team that thrives on fair play and exchanging different viewpoints
- a culture that recognizes and rewards success.
|Računalna znanja:||Java, Android|
Want to join our team?
Send us your resume with the link on some of your projects/code with an e-mail subject “Senior Android Engineer” to email@example.com.