Software product manager
Are you passionate about creating awesome new products which could change the world?
Farmeron is looking for talented and ambitious software product managers to help our engineers execute company’s vision.
We are looking for top of the class people to join our growing team and share our passion for making a dent in the world through sophisticated, exciting and beautiful web-based farm business management tools.
Farmeron’s product managers lead our product development efforts: from inception of new ideas to launch of new market-leading products. You will be working with Product Strategy team in defining awesome new features – but you will be also translating these new feature initiatives into actionable set of development steps. As a product manager, you will be also working with a variety of other teams – sales, customer support, UX, engineers – in delivering different deliverables needed for these teams to function properly in the course of the product development cycle.
Farmeron is focused on delivering software solutions for holistic, cloud-based farm business management. We’re touching lives of thousands of farmers throughout the world, and you will be in charge of delighting our customers with bold new products which could change the way they perform their operations even further. Helping farmers to become more successful, profitable and happier will be on the top of your priority list. You will be spending a lot of time on farms, carrying dirty iPads around the place. You will be challenged by our customers every single day, and you will have to prove again and again that you are worthy of being part of Farmeron family.
We need you to be agile, sharp and efficient. With no excuses. You will be held accountable for your work. We do not want blind instruction-followers, and we will expect you to challenge every decision made in the course of the day. You will be firefighter, evangelist and storyteller. You will have to assemble your own working desk (and probably your computer). You will be asked to learn fast.
If you have farming friends, family or relatives – you will be asked to reach out to them and ask them to try out the product you’ll be building. But all of this is what makes us go forward every day – so remember before applying: you’ll be joining a group of people deeply devoted to friendship, loyalty, knowledge and radical innovation.
*** CV alert ***
We think that resumes/CVs are useless. Yeah, you can send us one. But we would rather see a short story about your life so far and the projects you’ve been working on. Try hard. Tell us what you think about anything you’d like to write about – and tell us how do you see yourself being part of our company.
- collaborate with Customers, Partners, Product Strategy, Sales, Customer support, UX, Engineering in defining new product initiatives
- write functional and technical feature specifications for the engineering teams
- build and manage product roadmaps in coordination with Product Strategy and team leaders
- be the voice of the Product: acting internally as a domain expert – and communicating externally to customers, partners and media.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- experience with project management and human capital management
- management experience in planning, designing and developing web software products and technologies
- ability to get stuff done without direct authority
- excellent communication, analytical, problem-solving, strategic thinking and organizational skills
- bonus points for: SaaS products development experience, agile development (SCRUM) knowledge, Lean Startup and Customer Development techniques, familiarity with ERP systems, farming experience
We have a short assignment for you: let’s say you’re in charge of creating a super robot which will be in charge of cow milking and feeding – but it will also sing to cows, tell them stories, drive them to a vet, and clean after them.
How would you handle such a project?
We need that robot launched ASAP!
||Zg ili Os
Are you up to the task? Contact us at email@example.com.
Place of work
Zagreb / Osijek (Croatia)
February 28th, 2013